Hi! My name is Dave.
I am a multidisciplinary designer and front-end developer currently serving as Design Lead for MustWin. I'm happiest when making tools that help people work, collaborate and create awesome things. I'm obsessive about pixels, interactions, and where the two meet.
When I'm not designing I'm either sailing, performing magic or playing roller derby. If I'm not learning I'm not happy. A wanderer at heart, I enjoy exploring fringe communities, strange hobbies, and teaching others along the way. Everything I experience gets funneled back into my work. I love creating across mediums and often find that the most powerful inspiration comes from the strangest places.
2016 - Present
I'm currently serving as Design Lead with MustWin. We're a digital consultancy made up of multitalented unicorns that can scale to pretty much any project.
- UI & UX for just about every project
- Frontend website concepts & design
- App design, iOS & Android
- Client and project managing
2014 - 2016
For about 2 years I was a Product Designer at Perka, a mobile loyalty company. We have merchant and customer facing products on Web, iOS, Clover, and Android platforms.
- UI & UX of Perka's flagship products on the Web, iOS, Android, and Clover platforms.
- Create user flows, prototypes, and polished UI's for complex Merchant/Customer interactions.
- Create and maintain style guides across the companies products.
- Have a familiarity with developer workflows across iOS, Android, and Web and work with the engineering team to spec and build new features.
- Conduct formal and informal user testing with Merchants and Customers.
2010 - 2014
I served as the Senior Product Designer at See Me for 3 years. We created a web and mobile platform for artists to share and showcase their work. We also launched a turn-key crowdfunding and e-commerce platform for artists.
- Lead a team of 3-6 developers and designers working in house and remotely.
- Conducted user & market research to aid in the formation of new features.
- Created wireframes and information architecture for web and mobile products.
- Produced pixel-perfect Designs in Photoshop and Sketch.
2007 - 2010
I worked my way from Intern to Designer at this small soho studio.
- Designed identity systems, annual reports, and various print collateral.
- Helped enhance the studios offerings with my expertise in web design and social media.
- Produced motion graphics for web sites and advertising banners.
- Went on press to oversee production of print collateral.
2004 - 2011
The majority of my freelance work was as a Front-end Developer and Designer. Working alone or managing a small team as the projects demanded I helped small companies build solid products for the web and print. I also worked in house as a brand strategist, prop stylist, and product designer for various studios and clients.
- Developed solutions for small companies looking to grow or launch their web presence.
- Managed a team of 3-6 designers and developers.
- Front-End development for CMS & eCommerce systems such as Wordpress and Magento.
- Conducted stakeholder interviews and user research to find the best solutions for my clients.
- Created pixel-perfect designs for web and print.